Simon Hofstetter, Sous-Chef, Jungfrau-Hotel Wilderswil recommends:
This tour takes you round the Bernese Gantrisch region, an area that promises memorable motorbiking moments. After setting off in Wilderswil, there is a short stretch on the motorway before the route takes you through the gentle hills of the Stockental valley, where traffic is light and you can enjoy the beautiful Bernese Oberland landscape. After a short ascent from Wattenwil to Rüti near Riggisberg, you will reach the foot of the Gurnigel. The small pass accesses the Gantrisch region and connects canton Bern with neighbouring Fribourg. This road is a fantastic experience for fans of hairpin bends and easy riders alike. After this section, we recommend you take a break by the pass summit restaurant to soak up the views and breathe in the crisp mountain air. Surrounded by mountains, scenic Lake Schwarzsee beckons for a short lunch break. The section of the journey from the lake to Kehrsatz leads you straight into the Aare Valley. Country roads run through the wide valley towards Gwatt, from where you can follow the shores of Lake Thun back to your starting point at Wilderswil.
- Riding over the Gurnigel Pass, stunning views thrown in!
- The Gurnigel motorbike meet at the lower Gantrisch Hut, every Tuesday between June and September. Starting at 18.00h, this meet features local brand reps, opportunities to test-ride vehicles and refreshments (it’s the highest-altitude Swiss motorbike meet at 1508 metres above sea level).
- Lake Schwarzsee – ideal for refreshments etc.
- Scenic views towards the Bernese Oberland from Gerzensee
- Scenic views of Lake Thun from Faulensee
- Crossing the “Röstigraben”, the famous German-French language border
Key figures for the last 12 months (since Oktober 2015)
List view (without GEO map) of the tour together with other tours
Tour detail views
View of the detailed tour information (e.g. this page)
References to the tour sheet
Mobile look ups
With the GPS-Tracks app for iPhone or Android
Compared with all other train-boat-touring in the Bern region
Tour history (U00322)
First published: Freitag, 10. Juni 2016
Last updated: Mittwoch, 21. September 2016
Tour published by: